[OM] Re: Digital at last

Subject: [OM] Re: Digital at last
From: "Allan Mee" <bigalsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 13:12:48 +0000
Yep it is a standard USB port so my camer and PC are working great together!
Yeh I agree about the card reader! I'm well impressed with the 300D - but I
will still use my A1 and OM2 (and even the STX1n), but yeah, its the 300D
that is my prime camera now! Just hope the OM2 and A1 don't get too jealous
lol The build quality of the A1 is superior to the 300D - they just don't
make SLRs like they used to lol - but the 300D picture taking abilities can
only be described by one word - awesome!!!!! Man, am I glad I didn't buy the
Fuji's. I've registered the 300D with Canon and they've given me their 12
month warranty too!
I've still not been through the menus on the 300D yet - fortunately, you can
use it very similarly to a film SLR and not bother with menus at all!!!
:-D)))
The only menu option I've used so far is the delete image one - and to check
the communication mode was set to normal (like it said to do in the manual).
Not seen anything yet to suggest the camera can be used as a web-cam - but
being a true DSLR it might not be able to (no movie mode etc.) Pity -
although my web cam is useful, I've never been much impressed by the video
quality. The Goodman's compact I had and lost could be used as a high
quality web-cam (for a few hours on a fresh set of batteries), but even my
Olympus Camedia C150 won't act as a web cam.
It's raining here (has been for the last few days) so I'm not going shooting
with my new camera yet - but will do this weekend some time if the weather
improves :)
I really am amazed at the performance of the 300D - especially in very low
light conditions. I'm definitely gonna get a T-mount for it and do some
astro-photography next year! (I've got a T mount adaptor that fits into the
eyepiece tube of a reflector). I did think digital would be rubbish in low
light conditions - but I'll stick my neck out and say digital is better than
film for low ight conditions / night work!
Allan

PS No trees were harmed in the sending of this message and a very large
number of electrons were asked their permission to be terribly
inconvenienced. (And threw a party for them afterwards for being really cool
about it).

Disrupting the unnatural balance that you, as a conscious human being and a
confused mass of energy, have created.
-Disturb the mind -