[OM] Re: Parcelforce is The Company from Hell... Are there any alternati

Subject: [OM] Re: Parcelforce is The Company from Hell... Are there any alternatives?
From: Bernard Frangoulis <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 15:12:08 +0100
>Well, ok.. I will personally never use Parcelforce.
>But it seems that ParcelFarce always uses me!...
>
>Who knows to explain here few things:
>
>Why the parcels which come from abroad, for example US, are always
>delivered by ParcelFarce?
>What kind of company is this? Private, public?
>How can I avoid their services?.. If, for example, I go now to post
>office to send a parcel or order something from abroad, how can I be
>sure that these useless, rip-off bulshitters will not deal with my
>business?
>
>C.

Here in France, we have the same problem with Chronopost.

When I receive a package from the States (USPS), above a certain value the
package is delivered by Chronopost, who will collect the VAT and customs fees,
plus its own fee just to grace me with their services.

And _very_ often, they are not reliable: not so much lost packages as stupid, I
mean really dumb, mistakes that delay considerably the delivery of the package
and negate the usefulness of their supposedly "quick" delivery service.

Recently, I have sent a package to Madrid with documents to be included in the
bags of all attendants to a medical congress (documents on a software we
develop). From Lyon, France to Madrid, Spain, the package took half a day. But
then, from the Madrid airport to the congress venue... 1 week! The documents
arrived too late to be included in the bags. Thus, we have lost 500 Euro of
printing fees (to print the documents), plus 150 Euro of shipping fees
(Chronopost) - and Chronopost will only refund the shipping fees.

Bernard