[OM] Re: Lens Testing

Subject: [OM] Re: Lens Testing
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 18:09:45 -0800
No idea, but if you look closely he is also enthusiastic on his web
site about Olympus and the Canon 5D.

He has certainly minimized the problems of the IR sensitivity of the
new M8. It was disappointing to me to see Leica offer two free lens
filters to correct the color rendition. They justified that action
because of the engineering need for the thin IR filter over the
sensor. Seems to me that if it were genuinely an engineering decision
the filters or coupons for them would have been included with the
camera instead being offered in the stead of lots of complaints. It
also seems that if it were true they would have explained why the
filter could not have been replaced with a denser, but equally thin
filter. Perhaps it is true since they are allowing all of them to be
returned for the "upgrade" of a component which will help the other
problems.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA