[OM] Re: Canon recall (OT)

Subject: [OM] Re: Canon recall (OT)
From: "Marc Lawrence" <MLawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 15:16:12 +1100
> Ali Shah wrote:
> I have a C*non ZR 85 camcorder. Will they send me a
> new one or just repair the CCD (if it is defective)?

>From the original link posted:

http://tinyurl.com/uya2t

 [...]

 Canon's Response:
 Effective immediately, and regardless of warranty status,
 Canon will repair, free of charge, the products listed
 above exhibiting the above-mentioned malfunction if Canon
 determines that the malfunction is caused by the CCD image
 sensor. Canon will also cover the cost of shipping and
 handling in connection with this repair.

 U.S. residents are kindly directed to contact the Canon
 Customer Support Center for further assistance at
 1-800-828-4040. Support hours are Monday thru Friday -
 8:00 AM to 12:00 midnight; and Saturday 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM
 (all times EST). Alternatively, if electronic support is
 preferred, please send your email to carecenter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 This information is for residents of the United States of
 America and Puerto Rico only. If you do not reside in the
 USA or Puerto Rico, please contact the Canon Customer
 Support Center in your region.

 [...]

They specify "repair", but if you want more info, they
provide a phone number and email address you could contact.

Cheers,
Marc
Sydney, Oz