[OM] Re: Which non slr digital to get?

Subject: [OM] Re: Which non slr digital to get?
From: S Revlis <srevlis3@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 09:27:50 -0800 (PST)
That is a great resource, thanks for the tip.

Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: Go to the dpreview camera
comparison page:

Set the aperture and shutter priority selections to "YES" as well as any
other feature you find there that you consider important.  Your first
problem will be that there are too many but certain feature items may
pare the list significantly or even down to zero.

Probably the most important decision you can make is the size of the
camera.  Is it ultra compact, compact or SLR-like?  The larger it is the
more manual control features it is likely to have.  Best prices are
likely to be found in the "compact" range.  Not so many features as in
an SLR-like camera but not the most expensive to manufacture for
miniaturization as are some of the ultra compacts.

Any digital camera that gives you a histogram and tells you the shutter
speed and aperture used to take the picture can make a fine light meter
for your OM.  A relatively rare but very useful feature is a histogram
for each of the RGB channels as well as the overall luminance histogram.
  A simple average luminance histogram can appear to be fine but may be
hiding the fact that a particular color channel is over exposed.
Unfortunately, you won't find that information on a simple comparison
page like above.  You'll have to reach into the detailed specs.

Chuck Norcutt

List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx