[OM] Re: Interesting Macro Software

Subject: [OM] Re: Interesting Macro Software
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 17:44:30 -0500
Hi,
Thanks for posting the link.
There was an interesting thread on this 6 or so months ago.  I think there is
other similar software as well.  I wondered about the very dark backgrounds in
the samples which does not allow evaluation of bokeh.  Being of suspicious
nature, logged onto a forum briefly and found a couple shots with lighter
backgrounds using this software where bokeh can be evaluated.

http://www.westfly.com/photo/photoGallery/p5bZkiLTwt_new.jpeg

Hmmm, weird bokeh, though subject is very sharp indeed.  Reminds me of  a
mirror lens.  Wonder if that is intrinsic to the software?

As an aside, I believe Dean modified a MF lens into a tilt/shift that fits OM.
I'd dearly like one---might be a killer butterfly lens with practice.
Mike
AOL Mail and more.