[OM] Re: Zuiko 16mm fisheye...how much veiling glare should I expect

Subject: [OM] Re: Zuiko 16mm fisheye...how much veiling glare should I expect
From: Tim Hughes <timhughes@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 23:50:45 -0800 (PST)
I think even with pristine front elements these ultrawides are flare prone. I
have the 16mm Zuiko
lens (which seems really sharp to me) and a 14mm sigma linear lens.  The 14mm
with it's bigger
front element but smaller coverage, is still more flare prone than the zuiko.
I have the
impression the zuiko 16mm is actually a little above average for 16mm fisheyes,
but it still needs
a lot of care. I used a 16mm sigma (?) fisheye once, which seemed worse.

Tim Hughes