[OM] Re: Interesting Macro Software

Subject: [OM] Re: Interesting Macro Software
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 06:55:28 -0800 (PST)
I don't think we're very far away from having an imaging system
capable of near-infinite DoF.  There has been a company
developing an imaging system that takes the entire image
defocused and then applies an algorithm to the image to
selectively focus after-the-fact.  It uses a hideous number of
pixels to merge down to a single pixel, though.  But with the
pixel density of these 10MP pocket digicams and the chip size of
a medium-format digital back, that's not going to be a problem.

Exciting times are coming.  It wouldn't suprise me to see this
type of technology readily available to the average studio or
well-healed privateer within three years.  It will require a
digital back with probably 120MP+ to accomplish, though.

AG

AG

Cheap talk?
http://voice.yahoo.com