[OM] Re: What would you do? Now: Horse racing and dog. Well sort of . .

Subject: [OM] Re: What would you do? Now: Horse racing and dog. Well sort of . . .
From: Jim Couch <Zuikoholic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 17:00:14 -0800
Well Bill, here was my thinking -

My reasons for going digital were two fold, one to move into the
'digital age' and two to get an auto focus body as my eyes are not what
they used to be.

As for using OM glass on the digital, I did not really see the point. My
favorite Zuiko glass is my wide angle lenses, which are more or less
worthless (in my mind) on a digital body. (unless you did a full frame,
which is way beyond my budget.) As for the tele zooms which would be of
some use on the digital body, it is here that I am thinking I really
want to the auto focus, using a tele zoom in manual focus stop down mode
just does not make sense to me. It made more sense to sell off some of
my lenses, keeping only what I would use on the OM bodies and buy AF
lenses for the digital.

As to shy Nikon, after playing with both Canon and Nikon bodies in my
price range (I sound up with a used D70) I just plain preferred the
handling and control layout of the Nikon, it just made more sense to my
than the Canons did.

Just my 2cents worth.

Jim