[OM] Re: What would you do? Now: Horse racing and dog. Well sort of . .

Subject: [OM] Re: What would you do? Now: Horse racing and dog. Well sort of . . .
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 21:07:26 -0500
You're showing your age, whippersnapper.  :-)

CPM was the cat's meow for Intel 8080 based microcomputer operating
systems in the 8-bit processor age before the IBM PC debuted in 1981.
When IBM announced the PC they also announced the availability of two
operating systems.  CPM-86 (16 bit CPM at $250) and IBM PC-DOS (as best
I recall, $60)  You can guess which one sold (and which one was
preferred to be sold).  Gary Kildall was not well liked around IBM and
Bill Gates had yet to reveal himself.  The rest is tortured and twisted
history.

Check the Wikipedia link: <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CP/M>

Chuck Norcutt