[OM] Re: What would you do? Now: Horse racing and dog. Well sort of . .

Subject: [OM] Re: What would you do? Now: Horse racing and dog. Well sort of . . .
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 20:23:19 -0600
> I'm a little curious why folks are thinking of going to Nik*n as opposed
> Can*n.  It is not that Nik*n doesn't make a good camera, but rather if you
> have a choice why you would choose a digital camera on which you weren't
> going
> to be able to use your OM glass in the event that you wanted to do so.
I think that few people will be ultimately happy with the use of a total
manual system. I went from a Pentax Spotmatic to a Nikon F in 1969 in part
because I wanted to get away from stop-down metering. I've had some old
nikkors AI-ed to fit my wife's D70s, and they get good results, but the
handling is not conducive to my style of shooting.

Although the OM lenses might be a good stopgap or fill in for a infrequently
required lens, I wouldn't want to be tied down to using them permanantly.

When I get a digital SLR, whatever one (it could be a Pentax or Sony, just
as easily as a Canikon, depending on how things evolve), I'm not counting on
using my OM lenses as a purchase direction.

Bill Pearce