[OM] Re: [OT] Dolby 5.1 decoder question.

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Dolby 5.1 decoder question.
From: swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 11:21:59 +0100
Off Topic I know, but I have a bit of a dilema, my old toshiba sd9000
doesn't play the new recorded DVD's only the pressed version, after
doing some searching it seems there is no fix for this, so maybe its
time for an upgrade, the problem is though that my AV50  amp  (with 8P
power amp for Biamped fronts ) only has 6 analogue inputs for 5.1 no
optical or pcm link up.

I was also thinking that I could get a DVD/HDD  recorder to replace it
and relegate the video recorder, DCC, CD and sd9000 to the cellar. The
problem is I can't seem to find a decent DVD/HDD with six channel
output, and I don't really want to replace the amps as well as they
sound good. I have found some cheapo no name DVD/HDD recorders, but I
would like one with HDMI and 6 analogue outputs in case the TV blows up
and needs replacing :-)

Also can you store your MP3's on such a  device - I know the quality of
MP3's is not as good, but I can't remember when I last sat down and
really listened to my HIFI.