[OM] Macbook core duo (1.83) versus macbook core 2 duo (2Ghz)

Subject: [OM] Macbook core duo (1.83) versus macbook core 2 duo (2Ghz)
From: swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 17:40:59 +0100
I have just received my new macbook and as I still have the old one I
thought I would see how they compare, I don't want to upset the windows
guys but two and a half hours after it arrived I had reinstalled the OS
to get rid of the apps I don't need and then copied all my apps and data
across from the other machine. whilst carrying on with work, no wonder
most  of us sysadmin's use a mac ;-)

In normal use seems a bit snappier, but time to start CS2 has dropped
from 36 secs to 18 secs a HUGE improvement. Importing into aperture is
also quicker, I have not tried lightroom yet, but boy am I glad my other
machine failed.