[OM] Re: Canon or Nikon: was What would you do? Now: Horse racing and do

Subject: [OM] Re: Canon or Nikon: was What would you do? Now: Horse racing and dog. Well sort of . . .
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 15:18:53 -0500
I don't know what Winsor might have posted but I may have posted this
bit of Canon technology with respect to fixed pattern noise reduction
<http://photoworkshop.com/canon/CMOS/technology-e/noise_reduction.html>
But I've never seen anything about sharpening that I can recall.

As to "plastic skin" I don't understand the complaint since I don't
think it exists... at least with my camera.  Check the skin tone quality
shootout at smartshooter.com.
<http://www.shootsmarter.com/DSLRshootout.html>
The 5D is the best performer of the 8 cameras tested and scored by 86
different people.  Maybe the bad rap comes from the 1Ds II which is the
worst performer of the 8 cameras tested.  At least there doesn't appear
to be any brand bias here.

Chuck Norcutt