[OM] Re: Canon or Nikon: was What would you do? Now: Horse racing and do

Subject: [OM] Re: Canon or Nikon: was What would you do? Now: Horse racing and dog. Well sort of . . .
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 13:05:35 -0800
I don't remember about the link, but I could have. However something
I have done is to apply unsharp mask in small fixed increments to
images with default settings out of camera shots from reviews like
those at dpreview. The goal was to see how much sharpening will
result in the beginning of the appearance of halos. The Canon and
Nikon shots are then pretty much indistinguishable and with the
increments I have used the Nikon shots get about 3 times the number
of increments as the Canon shots before halos appear. In my mind
there is no question that Canon sharpens their images on the sensor.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA