[OM] Re: [OT] Dolby 5.1 decoder question.

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Dolby 5.1 decoder question.
From: David Carter <spotz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 22:19:37 +1300
I store MP3's and OM stuff ( on topic ? ) on re-writable data DVD's.

I'm sure that an adapter cable or black box for the "/6 analogue inputs
for 5.1 no optical or pcm link up/" problem should be available. I could
convert my optical out plug to true 5.1 using an adapter for a couple of
hundred dollars, if I really wanted to.

Earlier this week, I had a very quick at a car stereo playing a movie.
The sign stated that it was MP3 compatible, so it sounds like the
technology may be available, but at a cost over NZ$2,000 in this case. I
didn't have time to if the MP3 playback was from CD or DVD.

Please watch out for recorders that are restricted to playing DVD's from
a specific region or regions.

I've recently started listening to the occasional LP. It's amazing how
alive they sound.

David