[OM] Re: [OT] Max memory card

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Max memory card
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 08:40:59 -0500
It's not a hard prediction.  Seagate 3-1/2" drives (personal stuff, not
enterprised storage) are already at 750 GB or 3/4 terrabyte.  It
shouldn't take more than a few more generations to hit 2 terrabytes.
Getting beyond that will require either 64 bit addressing or the use of
clusters or larger sectors as was done with FAT.  Just think of how much
you'll lose when the drive crashes.

Chuck Norcutt