[OM] Re: [OT] Max memory card

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Max memory card
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 13:01:48 -0500
I think I'll stick with that prediction... that you don't need one in
your camera.  If you had a 35 MP camera which is enough to print a 16x24
image at 300 ppi and this camera had 12 bit color depth over three color
channels you'd need about 155 MB per image.  2 terrabytes is enough to
store approx 63,000 such raw image files or one frame per second for
17-1/2 hours.  Of course, heavy shooters might need more.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt