[OM] Re: Scanner

Subject: [OM] Re: Scanner
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 11:47:13 -0800
Phil wrote:
> I am in the market for a print scanner, mainly serious Amateur use to scan
> and print photos of old to then make up albums
> and store, not to sure what I should be looking for, woulkd appreciate any
> advice on specs, make, functions and software

I think it really doesn't matter much. When my old printer cable
attached flatbed died a couple of years ago, I did some research and
concluded that the technology for scanning reflective material is so
mature that they all work pretty much the same.

I bought an inexpensive Canon and haven't noticed any improvement over
the old scanner. The dynamic range and inherent resolution of the
reflective source material just isn't all that great and doesn't
challenge the scanner's capabilities.

Moose