[OM] Re: Got my free Kodak film - sort of

Subject: [OM] Re: Got my free Kodak film - sort of
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 14:31:21 -0800
I agree that it was a shame that Kodak retired from the DSLR field,
especially because of the originality of their approach. They may be
reaping a benefit now with the Leica M8 with all their 14N Pro
experience of dealing with moire on a sensor unsoftened by a
diffusion filter. The idea of the shifted RGB filter may be something
they also considered for their next generation to deal with the wide
angle color aberration. I think their big mistake, besides marketing,
was to buy a very noisy sensor and to release the camera in beta form.

Both Fuji and Kodak have the problem of switching from a high volume,
high mark up business model to a low volume, low mark up model.
Neither one is doing too well with it.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA