[OM] Re: 24mm f2.0 OM Lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: 24mm f2.0 OM Lenses
From: priit@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 09:49:09 +0200 (EET)

On Fri, 1 Dec 2006, DACattani@xxxxxxx wrote:

> I have a Zuiko 24/2.8, newer serial number Love it. I just acquired a
> Vivitar 24/2 in perfect shape to play around with. Can't afford the Zuiko
> version
> right now. I also saw that a Kiron sold on eekbag this week. I know that  the
> Zuiko tests pretty darned good, but I haven't seen any tests or comparisons
> of
> the Vivitar to the Kiron.

Well, you have the opportunity to compare the 2.8 Zuiko and Vivitar now
and post the results for us :)

> The Vivitar has a serial number indicating it was made by Kiron. Could it  be
> the same lens? Anyone know?

The 28mm f/2 versions are identical in appearance, except the lettering.
Chuck's Kiron takes very similar pictures to my Vivitar. Good in the
center, distorted edges, fuzzy at f/2. I think for practical purposes it's
the same lens. I don't remember if anyone had the 24mm version, you could
search the list archives.

priit.