[OM] Re: Scanner

Subject: [OM] Re: Scanner
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2006 13:06:24 -0800
Bill Pearce wrote:
>> Actual examples provided? After going to all that trouble, the
>> temptation to see a difference that others might not see would be
>> considerable.
>>
> None, but he may be someone like me, that can't/won't get that deep intothe
> internet.

Nonetheless, I would take it with more than one grain of salt without
samples.

My experience with engineers is that they are not, by and large,
actively stupid in their area of training and expertise. An I don't
imagine that black plastic is more expensive than the gray plastic used
the the bodies of the two flatbed scanners I've had. And I find it hard
to believe that nobody in the design group at Canon (the maker of my
current scanner) thought to test DMax with a black interior.

My experience with people propounding reasons why equipment is
inadequate and/or proposing theories for improving equipment on the
internet is that many of them are misguided.

Moose