[OM] Re: 300D pics

Subject: [OM] Re: 300D pics
From: "Allan Mee" <bigalsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2006 22:15:59 +0000
Hi
Thanks for your suggestions :)
IIRC I used a wall for support (the light was getting low - they were shot
late afternoon). I took a few shots of Conisbrough Castle because I had
photographed it before with film - and so I figured it would be a good test
at how well the camera does/compares to film.
Hmm today, I finally went through the menus of the 300D and discovered, much
to my surprise, that it was mostly set for minimal quality shots (i.e.
small, highly compressed JPEGs at ISO 200) - and that's what I've been
shooting with. I've set it for higher quality jpegs now and I'll revisit the
castle soon (and when its open this time). Even so, the DSLR is far better
than I'd imagined it would be. I stil prefer  the 'feel' of my remaining
film cameras - but the 300D is nice in use (even if I do prefer the 'feel'
of the A1). I guess that's why the E400 looks so attractive :)
On the way home, (on foot) I did some experiments with light in the dark
(street lights on the horizon and the moon) that I haven't posted yet - but
I realise digital opens up many interesting possibilties.
Allan

PS No trees were harmed in the sending of this message and a very large
number of electrons were asked their permission to be terribly
inconvenienced. (And threw a party for them afterwards for being really cool
about it).

Disrupting the unnatural balance that you, as a conscious human being and a
confused mass of energy, have created.
-Disturb the mind -

>From: Philip Pemberton <oly@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [OM] Re: 300D pics
>Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2006 19:13:22 +0000
>
>Allan Mee wrote:
> > I've found a better host site:
> > http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q283/bigalmee/Canon300D/?start=all
> > About 80 pics still to put on.
> > Allan
>
>I think this is probably my favourite:
>http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q283/bigalmee/Canon300D/?action=view&current=CanonEOS300D023.jpg
>The only thing I don't like about it is that you appear to have had the
>camera
>tilted a few degrees off horizontal, which spoils it a little (you could
>rotate the image a few degrees to the left, then crop the resulting border
>out, which would mostly get rid of the skew). Better than the first few
>photos
>I produced with my new 400D, though :)
>
>Here are a few of my first attempts (well, actually my 72nd and 108th
>attempts):
>http://gallery.philpem.me.uk/v/eos400d/
>
>More to come once I get a bit of time to play with my new toy. I'm planning
>do a bit of high-speed stuff using a laser trigger (basically a glorified
>break-beam detector) and a programmable timer. Could be quite fun :)
>
>Thanks for sharing,
>--
>Phil.                         |  (\_/)  This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny
>oly@xxxxxxxxxxxxx             | (='.'=) into your signature to help him
>gain
>http://www.philpem.me.uk/     | (")_(") world domination.

>List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
>List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

It's Hotmail's 10th Birthday! Come and play Pass the Parcel
http://www.msnpasstheparcel.com