[OM] Re: Dazed and Confused-FL50 questions and E330 failure

Subject: [OM] Re: Dazed and Confused-FL50 questions and E330 failure
From: r.burnette@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2006 18:59:30 -0500
Candace:

I can sympathize with your frustration. The odds of you receiving two defective
Olympus DSLR cameras and perhaps a defective flash are staggering, if that is
indeed the case.

I use a FL50 with my E-500 and my adult son uses another with his E-300.
Neither of us has had issues with camera, lens or flash, except once or twice
when I neglected to make certain that my lens was properly seated and locked.
We use 14-45mm, 40-150mm, 50-200mm zooms, and 50mm Macros with the EC-14
teleconverter and EX-25 macro extension tube. (Close to your own set-up.) No
electrical malfunctions to date. Are you using the latest versions of Olympus
firmware for cameras, lenses and flash? Does the flash problem occur with TTL
Auto?

Have you looked around your house to see if you might locate a straw Olympus
camera body with a needle stuck through it? It sounds as though you might be
jinxed.  ;o)  Sorry. Couldn't resist it.

Long stretch...have you had your camera and/or lenses around anything magnetic?
For example, TV or Stereo speakers? Olympus warns against that. Where do you
store them when not in use?

Good luck with your quest for answers.

Robert