[OM] Re: Hey, get that yellow stuff out of my hair

Subject: [OM] Re: Hey, get that yellow stuff out of my hair
From: Mike Lees <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 10:58:39 +0000
Have you any more info on your home-made cross-pol kit?

I am trying to get some reasonable images of some oil paintings for a
friend, and I think this technique may solve certain of my problems.

Natural light is just too diffuse so none of the texture can be seen. A
couple of flashes either side of the camera seem to work well but the
glare spoils it.

Polarising material seems quite hard to find: I found some here:

http://www.greenweld.co.uk/acatalog/Shop_Experimental_75.html

Does this look like the right kind of thing to use?

Regards,

Mike.