[OM] Re: Dazed and Confused-FL50 questions and E330 failure

Subject: [OM] Re: Dazed and Confused-FL50 questions and E330 failure
From: Candace Lemarr <CandaceRocks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 08:13:17 -0700
ROFL!!
        OK, Dr. Chuck....how long did it take you to write this little ditty?
:-)))

        First, thank you for this!

        Second, I get it! At least I get *this* part about flash photography.

        Third, I love photography...I love capturing certain subjects, I love
learning about how to operate my camera(s), when they work, that is. But
this flash part??? This part is NOT fun!! I repeat, I HATE this part. I
repeat, learning the flash stuff is way too much like work, it is not
fun!! I want to have fun again! OK, I'll stop whining...for now. :-)

        Thank you for your explanation, it's nice to hear it in real working
language...the manual is fireplace fodder as far as I am concerned. :-)

        What I really needed to know was how to operate the durn FL50
correctly, as I want to guess that that could be my trouble. I want to
eliminate that as being what's wrong with my images, then move on from
there. I can show you an example of what I am going to talk about here,
but am rather embarrassed to do so. What seems to be happening is that
the images are coming out rather digitized, soft, and just not "real"
looking. I wanted to clear up whether or not operator error of the FL50
is to blame.

        Last, but most definitely not least, Richard Ociepka kindly provided me
with this link,  http://tinyurl.com/9t629 , which had more answers and
info about operating the FL50 than I have seen anywhere else. For the
time being, I think this has answered my questions about the FL50. Thank
you, Dick!!!

        Chuck, thank you for this reply, for the information, and the reminder
about shutter drag. I *thought* I was trying to take advantage of the
ambient light by using shutter drag, but still, the images were not
good. Now, I will experiment with the info from the above mentioned
link. I will, however, soon have more questions for you about portable
studio type lighting. This is an area I must soon dive into, and I don't
know where to begin. But...all in due time. :-)

        Thank you again!!
        Candace :-)
        P.S. Have you got verse number 2 bouncing around in that brain of
yours? I had a really good tune going, and was just about to bust a
move..... :-D