[OM] Re: Which spyware

Subject: [OM] Re: Which spyware
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 17:06:39 -0000
I use ZoneAlarm, and am usually on broadband, but had occasion to use dialup
a year or so ago when visiting an island in the E Mediterranean.

Jez is perfectly correct, it was less than a minute before ZA popped up to
block the first of very many attempts by unknowm outsiders to do
who-knows-what over the dialup connection.  The IP address ranges used by
dialup service providers are well known, and I suspect the miscreants need
very little time to plant their malware - which then proceeds to do as its
masters command, with the victim paying the phone bill.

No thanks.  Stick with ZA - it not only blocks inbound stuff, it also alerts
you to, and blocks, outgoing stuff (if the miscreants did manage to plant
something on you machine). Very good value for the price.

--
Piers