[OM] Re: EOS lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: EOS lenses
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 17:38:57 -0500
The only EOS compatible lenses I've ever heard of failing are a few
Sigma lenses on some cameras introduced after the Sigma lens itself was
introduced.  I've been told that Tamron pays Canon a license fee for
rights to the EOS mount interface spec.  Sigma, on the other hand,
doesn't like to pay and so depends on reverse engineering.  Apparently
they don't always get it 100% right but I believe they'll re-chip your
lens if it doesn't work on a particular body.  What Tokina and Vivitar
do I don't know.

Chuck Norcutt