[OM] Re: [OT] New camera...

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] New camera...
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 09:00:38 -0600

> I now have a nice 501 C/M chrome kit coming my way. I should be happy
> as I  wanted one, but this was NOT a approved buy.

Johan,

A 'blad is always an approved buy. The 501 is a realtively recent, in
Hasselblad terms, body. It should also come with a CF lens, which still has
parts available.

You will be amazed with the results you get with that much film. I recommend
you start with Plus X or Tri X (good film but totally different), and some
Provia. If at all possible, get some wet prints made optically while you
still can, or set up your own darkroom. They will have a different quality
than scan and print that I think you will enjoy.

I don't know how you will do with the waist level finder. There are times
when it is just right, but a lot of times when it isn't. The Kiev prism
finders are going really cheap now, and are really rather good.

Actually, all the lenses are going cheap now, except the 40. An outfit that
serves many photographers for a lifetime is the classic 50-80-150.

I can enable in more than one system!

Bill Pearce