[OM] Re: (Not) Playing with RAW

Subject: [OM] Re: (Not) Playing with RAW
From: Philip Pemberton <oly@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 23:05:25 +0000
Moose wrote:
> Allan Mee wrote:
>> I haven't risked playing with RAW yet
> What risk? On the 300D, there is a JPEG embedded in the RAW image
> anyway. And both the Canyon and third party RAW converters will
> duplicate the camera settings that create the JPEGs by default unless
> you adjust them.

'Tis true!
I use Capture One LE (it came bundled with a SanDisk memory card), which on
default settings produces output that's indistinguishable from the image on
the camera's display (or the JPEG, if I'm shooting in L+RAW).

I've stopped bothering with JPEG - my 400D stays on RAW-only whenever
possible, and I post-process on the PC.

--
Phil.                         |  (\_/)  This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny
oly@xxxxxxxxxxxxx             | (='.'=) into your signature to help him gain