[OM] Re: [Photo] Your comments would be appreciated

Subject: [OM] Re: [Photo] Your comments would be appreciated
From: "James Howe" <jhoweaa@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 22:26:15 -0500
I want the 14-54 for it's increase and speed and closer focusing for a
couple of reasons (at least that's what people have been saying)  In the
meantime, the $15 is a cheap way to fix other problems.  What's interesting
is that I thought one of the features of the Olympus was the ability to
correct for lens distortion right on the camera.  I guess it didn't do a
good job in this case at least.

On 12/6/06, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> James Howe wrote:
> > Thanks to you (and Chuck as well) for doing this.
> Glad you enjoyed it!
> > I really hadn't noticed the barrel distortion before, but it sure makes
> a difference when its gone.
> >
> The other linear distortion sort of visually masks it. Once that is
> straightened out, the bowed lines, especially of the roof, are pretty
> obvious.Switching the barrel correction in and out sort of does weird
> things to my stomach. :-)
> > Overall I haven't been too thrilled with the 14-45mm kit lens that came
> with
> > the E-500.
> That's funny! I had no idea what this image was taken with, so I just
> looked at it in PTLens with a few different lenses chosen until it
> looked pretty good. And the oen I chose is for the lens you used.
> > I hope to upgrade to the 14-54.
> >
> Not worth it if just for the linear distortion. PTLens is dirt cheap and
> does a great job in moments.
>
> Moose

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx