[OM] Re: [Photo] Your comments would be appreciated

Subject: [OM] Re: [Photo] Your comments would be appreciated
From: Wayne Harridge <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 15:10:17 +1100

> James Howe <jhoweaa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> interesting
> is that I thought one of the features of the Olympus was the ability to
> correct for lens distortion right on the camera.  I guess it didn't do a
> good job in this case at least.

Yeah, I thought the same thing.  A few thoughts:

Perhaps that was what they planned but it was never implemented.

Perhaps only implemented in some bodies (what's the 14-45 look like on an E-1).

Perhaps only implemented for some lenses.

Just marketing bs.

Whatever the reason/excuse, at least PTlens does a good job.

...Wayne

Wayne Harridge

http://lrh.structuregraphs.com