[OM] Re: Tamron 1.4x problem...

Subject: [OM] Re: Tamron 1.4x problem...
From: Donald <d1956m198d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2006 15:47:39 +0000
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Did you say what you meant?  Did you mean to say that the lens is
> decoupling from the adapter or that the adapter is decoupling from the
> body?

Pretty much always do, Chuck! ;-)

If I rotate the aperture dial, off comes the whole rear assembly of
1.4x, OM adapter, camera. Or in the case of the E-1, the assembly of
1.4x, OM adapter, E-adapter and camera.

Extensive swapping of various bits tracked the problem to the suspected
source, the front end of the 1.4x, but careful comparison of that and
the front end of the 2x threw up only this little hinged lever that
didn't, on the 1.4x, spring back up like the one on the 2x.

It's a damn nuisance, because I have a slight physical bias which has a
tendency to rotate anti-clockwise, resulting, if I'm not careful, in
horizons that slope down left from right. The same action, especially
with an OM and winder or E-1 with HLD-2, results in leaving the lens on
the tripod with me holding the camera etc!!!

D.