[OM] Re: Wireless router (and PC security generally)

Subject: [OM] Re: Wireless router (and PC security generally)
From: "Allan Mee" <bigalsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 04:21:46 +0000
BTW according to MS security sites and other secuirty sites, 1 in 10 PCs are
infected with a virus, 90% of viruses are passed via emails nowadays, and
virtually every PC user has experienced spyware of some type or other.
And security sites like GRC and AirDefence often open peoples eyes regarding
security - especially wireless security. If I used wireless, the encryption
key would be 256-bit!
I used to have RSS feeds on security bulletins - but now I just check
certain sites for the latest news  - I don't use RSS feeds anymore. I try to
keep openings in my firewalls to an absolute minimum - because if you allow
too much stuff, your firewall will soon become a 'mesh' rather than a wall!
Allan

PS No trees were harmed in the sending of this message and a very large
number of electrons were asked their permission to be terribly
inconvenienced. (And threw a party for them afterwards for being really cool
about it).

Disrupting the unnatural balance that you, as a conscious human being and a
confused mass of energy, have created.
-Disturb the mind -

http://www.msn.co.uk/newsletters