[OM] Re: My proposed database fields

Subject: [OM] Re: My proposed database fields
From: "Allan Mee" <bigalsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 14:15:48 +0000
Yeah databases are cool and addictive!
Allan

PS No trees were harmed in the sending of this message and a very large
number of electrons were asked their permission to be terribly
inconvenienced. (And threw a party for them afterwards for being really cool
about it).

Disrupting the unnatural balance that you, as a conscious human being and a
confused mass of energy, have created.
-Disturb the mind -

>From: "Matthew Bristol" <bristolm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [OM] Re: My proposed database fields
>Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 07:24:38 -0600
>

>I decided to give you a quick example of what I meant by normalizing.
>This seemed more fun than working on my own DB's for work...
>

>You could even add another "layer" where only the unedited pictures are
>stored in tbl_Pictures and you stored information about different edits
>in another table that referenced the id_Picture of the original as well
>as any edit information.  That would be much preferable if you were
>storing several edits for the same picture, as you would have to enter
>the original picture information only once.
>
>If you made a tbl_Films, you could just have a film type of "Digital"
>for your DSLR shots.
>
>I like DB's much too much.
>________
>tbl_Cameras
>_________
>id_Camera: Autonumber
>CameraDescription: A1
>CameraManufacturer: Canon
>CameraSN: 0912831902-309
>CameraType:DSLR
>

>_________
>tbl_Lenses
>__________
>id_Lens: Autonumber
>LensDescription: 18-50mm EFS
>LensManufacturer: Canon
>LensMaxmm:18
>LensMinmm: 50
>LensMaxf: 6.0
>LensMinf: 2.8
>LensSN: 45646516545
>
>__________
>tbl_Pictures
>___________
>id_Picture:Autonumber
>id_Camera: foreign key from tbl_Cameras
>id_Lens: foreign key from tbl_Lenses
>FileSpec: C:\MyDocuments\MyPictures\DSC001.JPG
>Date/Time:   12/12/2006 18:59:00
>Subject: Roxie the cat
>Shoot Desc: Rulers Of The Roost
>Location: Home
>Shot By: Me
>Etc...(no need for any additional camera or lens information)
>
>_________
>tbl_Edits
>_________
>id_Edit: Autonumber
>id_Picture: foreign key from tbl_Pictures
>EditProgram: CS2
>Edit Description: Crop, curve balancing...
>EditLink: :\MyDocuments\MyPictures\DSC001_Edit1.JPG
>etc...

Windows Live? Messenger has arrived. Click here to download it for free!