[OM] Re: Yesterday's adventure

Subject: [OM] Re: Yesterday's adventure
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 08:03:46 -0800 (PST)
Bill Pearce wrote:
> All the talk about GF and stairstep makees me smile. The RIP
> software that is a part of the printer alone costs more than
> GF, PS, and your computer. Why anyone thinks a piece
> of $100 software can beat that is a mystery.

I not only agree with your statement, but it also makes me think
that our DIY printers that require us to send the files at
"printer resolution" are actually compromising the images far
more than the properly RIP'd system.  Granted, with our DIY, we
are able to match pixel to pixel, but in reality, we are doing
that for self-gratuity reasons and not actually gaining anything
in actual overall print quality.

AG

Want to start your own business?
Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business.