[OM] Re: Missed this.

Subject: [OM] Re: Missed this.
From: Steve Dropkin <steve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 16:08:35 -0600
Winsor Crosby wrote:

> New Software Yellows Neglected Digital Photos Over Time
>
> February 8, 2006 | Issue 42•06
>
> ROCHESTER, NY—Eastman Kodak released an imaging software package that
> yellows, fades, and even loses digital photos over time Monday. "With
> the click of a mouse, Fotomatshop will make your digital photographs
> crease, develop fingerprint spots, and even stick together in their
> 'virtual shoebox,'" Kodak president Antonio Perez said. "It even has
> motion-blur and redden-eye features." The software takes a week to
> process 26 digital photos, and charges $9.95 per use.
>

> :-)

Hmm ... Release date should have been April 1 ...

That is part of a photographic workflow that no one will miss.
Related to that, a week ago, I helped host a Christmas party at
which everal of the child attendees wore their "Christmas outfits".
Of course, several parents brought along their digital cameras for
the occasion (the only DSLR I saw was a Nik*n).

As soon as the parents snapped the shutter, the kids ran to the back
of the camera to chimp with their parents. Those kids will grow up
never believing that, at one time, the shutter closed and you had to
wait several days (or, horrors, work with chemicals yourself) before
you got the results. :-o

Steve