[OM] Re: My proposed database fields

Subject: [OM] Re: My proposed database fields
From: "Allan Mee" <bigalsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 02:08:01 +0000
Your mentioning of normailisation reminded me of the 'top-down' SSADM
(Structured Systems Analysis and Design Methodologies) - which we used at a
few software houses I've worked for. Fortunately, I've also worked for some
companies where the emphasis was on RAD (Rapid Application Development)
methodologies and for which VB (and mostly 'bottom-up' development) is
admirably suited :)
Allan

PS No trees were harmed in the sending of this message and a very large
number of electrons were asked their permission to be terribly
inconvenienced. (And threw a party for them afterwards for being really cool
about it).

Disrupting the unnatural balance that you, as a conscious human being and a
confused mass of energy, have created.
-Disturb the mind -

>From: "Matthew Bristol" <bristolm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [OM] Re: My proposed database fields
>Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 08:26:16 -0600
>

>As long as you're not using an Access DB (which has a 2GB limit) storing
>the pictures in the DB shouldn't present too many problems.  I'm stuck
>using Access for most of my work (97 no less!).  Most all of the
>functionality is built using VBA.  You should be able to do most wildcard
>searches and whatnot with existing Access functions though, namely the
>Like() function.  I've built user query interfaces with search fields
>linked to a Like("[Field]") in the query.  People can use any of the
>wildcard operators they wish directly into the search field.
>

>It sounds like you know what you're doing though...  Good luck!
>
>-matt

Windows Live? Messenger has arrived. Click here to download it for free!