[OM] Re: RE : Re: Problem with the Shutter OM1

Subject: [OM] Re: RE : Re: Problem with the Shutter OM1
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 08:51:00 -0500
The wind mech has 2 claws (ZJ1291) which catch on the main wind gear
(CA9375). Sometimes the gear tips have been broken off, which means the
claws slip over instead of grabbing.  This is usually caused by forcing
the wind mech, not normal wear. A side problem is that all those tiny
metal chips would be floating around inside the camera (which could get
stuck in the grease on other gears or ending up stuck the the magnet
inside the meter).  This is probably not your problem.

Also, the movement of the 2 claws relies on 2 smooth rings (CA8757)
ability to slide on each other while under light spring tension
(CA8763). These 2 smooth rings often get stuck together, preventing the
claws from engaging the wind gear.

John Hermanson
Camtech Photo Services, Inc.
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743
631-424-2121 | Olympus OM Service since 1977
http://www.zuiko.com  |  omtech1 AT verizon.net