[OM] Re: scratch line on digital image

Subject: [OM] Re: scratch line on digital image
From: Philip Pemberton <oly@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 14:46:47 +0000
John Hudson wrote:
> www.JohnHudsonPhoto.com/Temp/JB120335.jpg
>
> Starting at the right hand side of the pupil in the child's left eye is an
> unmistable one or two pixel wide "scratch" line that extends vertically down
> to the bottom of the image.

To be honest, I can't see a vertical scratch line there. What I can see is an
upturned V on the top of the child's nose, which looks like dust on the sensor
(though in theory you shouldn't get that on an Oly E-system body due to the
magic sensor cleaning thing, but stranger things have happened). Even zoomed
up to 400% in The GIMP, all I saw was JPEG blocking.

--
Phil.                         |  (\_/)  This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny
oly@xxxxxxxxxxxxx             | (='.'=) into your signature to help him gain