[OM] Re: scratch line on digital image

Subject: [OM] Re: scratch line on digital image
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 11:15:16 -0400
The upturned V on the bridge of the nose is a vein

See here for other examples:

www.johnhudsonphoto.com/JANE/200611/JB290431.jpg
www.johnhudsonphoto.com/JANE/200611/JB290450.jpg

Looking more closely at the image with PS6 as well as with Paint Shop Pro
the line does not commence in the pupil. A tiny fraction of inch below the
right side of the left pupil, on the child's face, is a four by four pixel
wide square of what could be a blob of red ink .... just a pin prick of red.
The line extends all the way down the image from this pin prick red dot.
Very strange.

I have checked other photos I took of our grand daughter on the same day as
well as various landscape photos taken later, including some yesterday, and
there is no evidence of any similar offending line on any images.

You mention "JPEG blocking". What is this, what causes it and where is it
seen on the image?

John Hudson