[OM] Lucia

Subject: [OM] Lucia
From: Johan Malmstrom <jmalmstrom@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 09:59:36 +0100
How-how!

I don't know if you know about the St Lucia tradition we've here in
Sweden. Short story:
Take young people, dress them up in white sheets and if you're a male
put a stupid hat on, not much unlike the hat used by some infamous
traditions in Texas. (BAD AND UNNECESSARY JOKE, but it have scared a
lot of people when we try to do this outside Sweden.) or you may
dress up as Santas helpers. And if you're a gal put some candles on
your head and, boom, your the Queen of Light.

Of course all cities have there own voted Queen of Light and every
kindergarten host events like this. Idas' is no exception. And as I,
Anna and our friends object to this objectification of kids we
decided that Ida would not be another Lucia. Instead we made her a
ginger-cake-lady dress.

I've put up some photos on my flikr-account. http://www.flickr.com/
photos/jmalmstrom/319655724/ etc

Have a look. /Johan