[OM] Re: roadtrip, CA to TX

Subject: [OM] Re: roadtrip, CA to TX
From: nsurit@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 16:19:29 -0500
"Plan is to do it straight, flat, fast, on the I10."  If you are planning to do
it that way, it will be the first two but not the last.  Having just done the
reverse, Houston to LA, it takes some time.  I did Houston to Lordsburg, NM the
first day, which was quite a hike.  The entire trip is IMHO pretty spectacular.
 There are many diversions along the way, if you don't have "fast" as one of
the factors.  If you are going to do it on a weekend, it will be fast.  It is
two good days of driving at or slightly above the speed limit, without many
stops.  Mapquest says about 23 hours of driving and I didn't figure they knew
how fast I'd be driving . . .  apparently they did.  Enjoy the trip.  Bill
Barber