[OM] Re: HU Back up and storage

Subject: [OM] Re: HU Back up and storage
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 22:31:07 -0800
For those looking for more HD storage, tigerdirect.com has a rebate
giving a net price of $80 on a 250gb Beyond Micro
<http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?Sku=B800-1306>.

High Speed USB 2.0 and an interesting bonus of eSATA connection, which
can be 4 or 8 x HS USB speed, depending on controller version, with an
eSATA port on the computer. I would have ordered two if the rebate
wasn't limited to one.

They also have a $15 net cost after two rebates on a 4gb HS USB flash
drive
<http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?Sku=GEN-54096>.

I couldn't resist the price, although I know it will be weeks before I
see the rebate money. I like the idea of another form of backup storage
for images in the field for so little money.

I have a dual IDE/SATA controller in my desktop, but it doesn't have an
external port, do I dropped $20 on an other controller with an eSATA
port; couldn't resist trying it out. The appeal of external backup with
internal level speed is considerable.

Boy am I going to need to break down and decide on an image indexing
system soon!

Moose