[OM] Re: E-330 transition for an E-1 guy>Silkypix free

Subject: [OM] Re: E-330 transition for an E-1 guy>Silkypix free
From: marc simon <marc.simon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 10:55:03 +0100
Hi Joel,

Joel Wilcox a écrit :
> On 12/13/06, Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Update on the E-330
>>
>> The search for a decent RAW converter goes on.   RSE offers no
>> support. Viewer has come back somewhat to favor.  Whereas the Olympus
>> RAW plug-in for Photoshop CS does OK in producing a file that looks
>> right with the tiny increments of sharpening I use, the contrast is a
>> little more heavy-handed than in Viewer.  Color is otherwise about the
>> same between the two.  One has to be extremely careful sharpening the
>> Viewer version.

have you ever tried  Silkypix  ?
There is a free version now:
http://www.isl.co.jp/SILKYPIX/english/download/#free
I've only used it with my E-1 files but the E-330 is supported and  I
must say that  when  I used high Iso Silkypix is far better that
Pixmantec RawShooter Premium 2006, and even if it's free have a lot of
possibilities.
Really worth the try
regards
marc