[OM] Re: Age concern

Subject: [OM] Re: Age concern
From: Russ Butler <rbinnj@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 12:34:06 -0500
Moose wrote:
> nsurit@xxxxxxx wrote:
>> Hmm, I thought the max came at age 70 and I do know that "full" comes at age
>> 65 (or plus a little for some). I'm looking forward to 66 for "full".  That
>> is only 3 years and 8 months, but who is counting.
> The difference between full and max is 32%. I retired at 55 with a
> modest pension, some continuing consulting work and some investments. SS
> is the inflation cushion that kicks in later, so I'm planning to hold
> out for max at 70. That should then carry me through quite a few more
> years of inflation.
>
> Moose

I took a "bird in the hand" SS route. Also retired early at 54 with a
pension. Started min. SS at 62 after studying the numbers and realizing
that it would take a long time to catch up, in total $ received, if I
waited.

It's a crap shoot of course, but worth a bit of study before 62.

--
Russ Butler (NJ USA)