[OM] Re: Newby Intro + Zuiko prime lens question

Subject: [OM] Re: Newby Intro + Zuiko prime lens question
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 21:46:56 -0800
I believe it was Piers who spotted some inconsistancies on what the
front ring of a 35mm shift lens said versus some other markings. It
appears that transitions weren't necessarilly a sharp change from one
version to another.

I would also agree with Chuck's comments that in general you would
have to be carefully trying in order to find the differences in the
versions.

I'm not sure I'll be able to stick to this project long enough to fill
in enough gaps to make it worthwhile but before an overload brought
just about everthing to a halt
http://www.olympus-photography.com/zuiko-ser-nos.htm

For most Zuikos the last version change denoted by the front ring was
"ZUIKO MC AUTO" changing to "ZUIKO AUTO". I would suspect most of the
latter versions would have some characteristic test better than
earlier versions ... but I don't always put the later versions in my
bag.

-jeff