[OM] Re: CF deals

Subject: [OM] Re: CF deals
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 22:09:36 -0800
r.burnette@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> <snip all sorts of stuff about the big deal>
> Moose:
>
> According to this news item all current SanDisk Extreme III CF cards  should
> come with a free offer of Capture One LE. I think I recall reading somewhere
> else that the package contained an enclosure with details how to obtain your
> free copy.

Yes, I've seen all that stuff. However, this is cited as a limited
offer, meaning that there will have been packages without the deal in
the pipeline when it started and packages moving into the pipeline after
it stops.

Therefore, to be assured of getting a package with the deal, one must
either see the package in person at a retailer or have notice in the
listing of an on-line retailer that the package offered for sale
includes the special offer.

To date, I have not encountered either of these scenarios. Nor do I care
anymore. I have ordered a competitor's brand of card, Lexar, with
equivalent or better performance, according to Rob Gailbraith's, tests
at a cost far below the SanDisk. Foo on their offer. I have to date been
a SanDisk buyer, but their silliness has lost them this sale.

Moose