[OM] Why I like this list

Subject: [OM] Why I like this list
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 01:42:28 -0800 (PST)
It gives me something to read when involved in a major
fiber-optic cutover project.  Two OC-48s, three GiGEs, a dozen
terminals, CWDM shelves, three hours and one half a bed still
cold.  Oh, and eight people asking why MY system isn't
configured right.  (the vendor screwed up).

I did have to ignore the list for a while when bad fiber
labelling caused us to cross-connect two bi-rings.  NOT GOOD!
That's why we do these things in the middle of the night.  We
just wiped out 1/2 of a state and 100% of a major cellphone
providor, that's all. :0

Anyway, I'm going home now for two hours of sleep.  Hopefully
everything will still be functional when I wake up.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com