[OM] Re: So, it's a good camera

Subject: [OM] Re: So, it's a good camera
From: "Allan Mee" <bigalsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 01:05:35 +0000
I still think the 300D is a bit more 'bulbous' than the film SLRs I'm used
to - and feels just tad top heavy and somewhat less well-balanced than, say,
the OM2 or A1. In addition, even the OM2 with the power winder 2 on still
less 'bulbous'. But I think the 'real' problem is that I still worry too
much about the back LCD and avoiding getting my face on it. All this (plus
the low-light conditions) makes for a relatively awkwardly held camera - but
I'm training my to apply counter pressure to the shutter button squeeze
(usinmg my left hand to support the lens and apply a slight steady counter
pressure) - which helps a lot. It also helps that now I automatically worry
about camera shake with the digital - and remember to consciously deal with
it. It's still nice to just grab the A1 and be free to abuse it knowing that
camera shake just isn't an issue at speeds of 1/250s or faster. At 1/125s I
start to make sure I hold the camera well and gently squeeze the button. I
can shoot at 1/60s and usually avoid shake on my OM2, OM40 or A1. I can even
just about get away with 1/30s. hand held (for normal prints).
Allan

PS No trees were harmed in the sending of this message and a very large
number of electrons were asked their permission to be terribly
inconvenienced. (And threw a party for them afterwards for being really cool
about it).

Disrupting the unnatural balance that you, as a conscious human being and a
confused mass of energy, have created.
-Disturb the mind -

>From: "Phil" <pcks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [OM] Re: So, it's a good camera
>Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 06:47:54 -0000
>

>Allen
>Camera shake is something that I have been suffering since I went digital,
>is there a reason for this?
>I thought I was getting faulty Cameras until I did a test with tripods and
>shutter speeds, which showed
>movement. I just dont seem to recall any problems when I used to shoot film
>although it was a few years back
>
>Phil

It's Hotmail's 10th Birthday! Come and play Pass the Parcel
http://www.msnpasstheparcel.com